I’m a Helpfulpeeps Community Champion and I can’t recommend it highly enough! Helpfulpeeps is a free website community full of people helping each other. From sharing skills to giving advice, there are plenty of people who need help and plenty of people to offer help. It’s a great community full of kind people, pop over and check it out at www.helpfulpeeps.com. In the meantime, check out these 17 great tips for paying it forward from the Helpfulpeeps blog.
It doesn’t need to be difficult to do something nice for someone! In fact, if often only take a simple random act of kindness that can most likely be free, easy and quick and the impact of your good deed could be huge, so what are you waiting for?
- Cook a meal or do a load of laundry for a friend who just had a baby or is going through a difficult time.
- Let the person behind you at the supermarket checkout with one or two items go ahead of you.
- Give someone a book you think they’d like.
- Bring in fun office supplies to liven up the workday for everyone.
- When you go somewhere to get or do something, ask the people around you if you can pick up anything they need.
- When you’re throwing something away on the street, pick up any litter around you and put that in the trash too.
- Stop to talk to a homeless person.
- Write your partner a list of things you love about them.
- Talk to someone at work whom you have’t talked to before.
- Help your elderly neighbour take out the bins or mow their lawn.
- Tell your siblings how much you appreciate them
- Help someone struggling with heavy bags.
- Try to make sure every person in a group conversation feels included.
- Give up your seat to someone (anyone!) on the bus or tube.
- Make two lunches and give one away.
- Call your grandparents.
- Donate some old clothes.
Most of all, have fun, keep a smile on your face and have an awesome day!
Pay it forward today – www.helpfulpeeps.com